sexta-feira, 7 de fevereiro de 2014

So The Year Begins...

I have been looking forward to this week for months!! 

I am so happy to lead this class into the adventure that the 5th grade will represent in their lives.

We had a blast this week, we got to know each other and we started shaping our class.  We made signs designating class area for the different subjects; we decided what we are doing for P.A. and how we are learning about Living things in Science. We also created systems for water and bathroom breaks.

As I told the kids, when I look at them I don´t see boys and girls, I see young men and women and that´s how I want to treat them this year.  We must leave all the child play out of the door and learn when we need to work and when we can play because we will be doing a lot of both!!

We have started working on a interdisciplinary project so far:  A travel brochure of their own vacation experiences put together as groups.  With this I intend to elicit their curiosity about Geography and start on map skills,  We are also working on writing and editing, since we have to put our vacations into words and we have a bit of arts and crafts with drawings, scaling, decorating and designing.  It has been a lot of fun and it will be on display as soon as it is done!


Oh... the week went by fast!!  

Mrs. Roberta Mesquita

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário